Wednesday, February 20, 2013

DIY Project - Closet Dividers (for kids' room)

Quick post about my (rare) attempt at a DIY project.

I've been wanting closet dividers to help organize the girls' closet but I've had trouble finding them in a store AND I don't really want to spend $12+ on something that has no purpose other than to sit in the closet - so..... I decided to try to make my own!

I pulled up my handy-dandy Microsoft Word, spent a few minutes creating a template, printed them out on card stock (left over from my DIY birthday party invitations & Christmas cards), cut 'em out, and laminated them to give them a little extra protection and here's the finished product:



I realized after I'd already printed them that I don't have a typical rod in that closet so I didn't need to make the hole so big but this still works just fine. Plus, if we ever switch rooms or something these will be ready to work in a different closet - works out!

I'm pretty proud of myself for whipping these up and saving a few bucks! Now I'm just wishing I would have spent a few more minutes on making them a cuter design but really, after they're in the closet am I going to care? No. Anyway, this only took me about 30 minutes (during nap time). Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...