Monday, July 25, 2011

Cloth Wipes... the follow-up

You asked for it, so here's the follow up to my blog about cloth wipes! :)

What kind, how many, how much?
There are many different types of cloth wipes that you can buy and I'm not sure exactly what the material is of the wipes I picked out (they feel very similar to my reciving blankets if that helps). The ones I bought were from Mama's Hip but they weren't a brand-name anything. I got a pack of 10 wipes just to try them out and it was priced for $10 but the day I got them she was running a sale so it cost me $7-something.

How do they work?
You can just use water if you want but there are also natural solutions you can buy for cheap that help to clean/moisturize/soothe your babies bottom. I bought this:

Thisties Booty Luster
It has a light scent that I'm not super fond of but I like the job it does on my baby's bum so I'll continue to use it.

Anyhoo, you just spray the "soiled area" and wipe. Simple. And I've found that with a dirty diaper that would usually take 3-4 regular wipes to clean up, I can get the job done with just one cloth wipe.

What do I do with the dirty wipes?
I just shake out any loose stuff into the toilet and toss everything in my diaper pail. Then I wash everything (for my stash I wash every other day) on cold with All Free Clear (only about 1/3 of the detergent I use on regular launrdy). For drying, my hubby is supposed to be hanging a line in the backyard for me, but in the mean time I dry everything in the drier on delicate.
FYI- Hang drying extends the life of the CD's/CW's and the sun acts as a natural bleach if you have any stain issues (which I typically don't).

Final thoughts:
I've liked the CW's and I'm hoping to learn to sew soon so I can make some more of my own. It's really simple too since I'm using CD's and can toss them all in the pail together. If you're thinking about trying them out I say go for it!

I hope this has been helpful in answering your questions but if there's something I missed, leave a comment and I'll get back to ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...