Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Insomnia

I used to have terrible insomnia but I havent had much trouble with it since Auria was born - until the past week or so. We are still very much bed-sharing so it's not that I'm doing anything differently. Im really not sure what the deal is, I just know I don't like it.
I suppose there is a tiny bit of good in this situation though. I mean, if I'm going to have such a hard time falling asleep, at least I have the cutest, sweetest, most precious face in the world to stare at.
Tonight I have almost fallen asleep a couple of times but every time I'm on the brink, little miss will turn or grunt and then I'm wide awake again. Josh & I have been talking about getting her into her own bed, and I guess that would help me fall asleep better, but I'm not sure that sleep > snuggling for me. At least not yet. I am reading up on some techniques for if/when we decide to merge her out of our bed but I'm not set on any specific time frame.

*sighs*

My sweet girl just cuddled back up into my chest... Oh how I love her so!!! I'm gonna go soak this all in and hopefully drift off to sleep sooner than later ;)

ZzZZZzzZzz

1 comment:

  1. I am a firm believer that you need to follow a mommy&baby timeline on just snout everything. Kendall has been sleeping in her own bed in her room for almost a month now. The only reason I started laying her in her crib at night was because I felt she needed more independence. She stopped sleeping through the night in her packn play and would wake up several times in between us in bed. She LOVES having her crib to herself and it's so funny when I go into check on her (like 5 times during the night) how she moves in different positions. Now I will say this... She rarely sleeps all night in her crib. Most nights she wakes up and I go into her room to find her standing in her bed waiting for me to get her. Those nights I just let her sleep the rest of the night with us! Oh and I sleep great when she's in her room too! Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...